skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I Fucking Love Hotcakes!
You know how birthdays suck? Like major suckage occurs. Well, it always happens to me. On my 12 birthday, I was in grade 7, and since I was a big loser, nobody called me to wish me 'Happy Birthday'. On my 13th birthday, I'm pretty certain I had a massive fight with like my whole family, so basically cried for the entire day. Turning 14, I was starting my Grade 9 Endeavour Camp. It didn't feel very special. Who wants to be dirty and walking through prickles and spiky spinifex on their birthday? ...Well, not me. My 15th birthday was one of the better ones. I was in Canada on Grade 10 exchange. Everyone sang to me in the dining hall, and we had this birthday gathering in my boarding house. In Grade 11, I carried around balloons around with me all day for 'The Biggest Morning Tea', but other than that, nothing else oozed awesomeness. Turning 17 in Grade 12 was better. Besides getting in a stupid fight with Mum at lunch, I had a really good night. But then a bit of drama occurred later, so the night went a bit downhill from there. But my most recent birthday, the 24th of May, 2009. My 18th - God! It was the best birthday I've had yet.
I'm in Brisbane at the moment, staying with my sister, so on my birthday day, me, Cardine and Kiara went to West End to have brunch. Brunch is something I love - more than most people. And also something I've wanted badly to have on my birthday. Too bad the restaraunt basically forgot about us, and we ended up waiting an hour and a half to eat while my stomach was growling like a pack of hungry wolves. But finally we got our massive brunches, with some complimentary coffee and champagne for the now-legal birthday girl.
After brunch, Cardine and Kiara left me to go find me a birthday sash, while I hung out with my ex-boyfriend-boyfriend-ex-boyfriend-boyfriend-ex-boyfriend-now-new-just-friend. (We won't go into that... Let's just say, it's 3 1/2 years of complicated.) That night, me and Kiara went over to Cardine's to get ready, and pre-drink at her apartment, with her and her roomie, Angie. Kiara and Cardine couldn't find me a birthday sash in the city, so they used their very artistic skills in making one for me in the end!

Finally, we took a cab to the Normanby. I got shouted a few free drinks from randoms, as well as Cardine buying me a shot of QUETILA! We danced a lot, ran around, and then me, Angie, Cardine and Brendan (one of Angie's boys), decided to leave to go to the Family, while Kiara caught a cab home.



The Family is the funnest club in the Valley, but on Sunday nights - IT'S GAY NIGHT. I've never had so much fun. Seriously. Downstairs, there's like a stage at the front of the club, and then on the dancefloor, there's little podiums all around, where people can jump on and break it downnnn! I'd be dancing on stage most of the night with a few gay guys, and then jump on the podiums and point at people to come dance with me. 'You! you! and you! COME DANCE WITH ME!!'


I'm guessing it would have been 5ish in the morning, we ended up leaving the Family, with a group of awesome gay guys, and we all went to MACCAS for some awesome breakfast. Charlie (my favourite gay), and me kept singing that song from Bring It On. I love him. After, we walked through the mall, (me and Cardine barefoot, because I had KILLER heels, and 'My balls hurt!' a lot.) Only got to sleep at Cardine's after 6am. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.



Best Birthday Quotes:
- 'Tights as pants!'
- 'Make a face like you just saw the CARE BEARS!'
- 'Am I boring you?'- 'My balls hurt!'- 'I just gotta say this, I just gotta say this... I fucking LOVE hotcakes!'- 'No Alberto... No.'- 'OH MY GOD. We all have hair ties!'- (When some boy went to kiss Cardine at the Family) 'I thought you were gay!'









and now... Songs from the Newly-Wise:
The Gifthorse - Distance
Phantom Planet - Do The Panic
Brand New - Jesus Christ
The All-American Rejects - Time Stands Still
Sia - Breathe Me
Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart
Gotye - Hearts A Mess
Set Your Goals - The Fallen



No comments:
Post a Comment